Carb Calculations For Metabolic Phase.
Pre Work Out-
15 – 30g this is just so we have glucose in the blood to support the liver during the lactic acid phase – *remember there is a point of diminishing returns with pre workout carbs i.e. if you over eat and crash you won’t want to but in a solid session and effort required to get the stimulus required.
Post Work Out Carbs –
- Males 1g-1.5g per kg bodyweight
- Females .6g -1g per kg body weight
- Aggressive approach 2g per kg body weight.
When NOT to have post work out carbs.
- If your BF% is still fairly high 30+% – Swap for glutamine electrolytes & greens
- If you have not completed a low carb bootcamp
The leaner you are and the more insulin sensitive you are the more post workout carbs you can use.
*if your weight loss stalls and you have not had a re feed for a while – you can use a re feed to stimulate your metabolism
Females 1.6 – 2.2g per kilo of LEAN MASS
Males 1.8-3.3g per kilo of LEAN MASS
Make up the excess cals from fats just use these away from pre and post training meals – Pre & Post training meals should be under 10g of fat.